Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Him + Nothing = Everything

This is the part of the adventure where I feel crazy. the first of many times, I'm sure.

In all honesty, this past week has been pretty rough. Language was bad, lots of bad culture days, and the upcoming holidays is a great topper.

And I'm left on my face, before the One who is great and mighty and knows why in the world he has brought a tiny, unable-to-do-anything, still-has-problems-trusting girl here. Everything is being stripped away, painfully at times, leaving only Him to fall back on.

But you know what? He's all I need.

JC is enough.

I am reading a book a friend recommended to me, and the day when I felt most crazy, I read this.

Because JC is strong for me, I am free to be weak.
Because JC won for me, I am free to lose.
Because JC was someone, I am free to be no one.
Because JC was extraordinary, I am free to be ordinary.
Because JC succeeded for me, I am free to fail.

It's all about Him. He has already won. He has sealed me with His blood. I am His. And His plans will not be thwarted. Even if my language doesn't improve a single bit, He is more powerful than my language abilities. All I have to do is just walk with him. I don't have to be good enough; He is my sufficiency. I am free to be a mirror, to reflect the only one who was great, who loved perfectly, who did the greatest act the world has ever known for those who hated Him.

His grace is sufficient. He is my sanity. He is enough. He is enough.

When I am stripped of all things and left empty, You fill me up with the most beautiful, amazing, undeserved grace. Thank You for knowing better than me and for taking away that which I cling to that isn't good for me. Thank You for being You.

Berjalan saja.
Just walk.

"Come, let us return to the Lrd; for he has torn us, that he may heal us; he has struck us down, that he will bind us up. After two days, he will revive us; and on the third day he will raise us up, that we may live before him.

Let us know; let us press on to know the Lrd; his going out is as sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth." Hosea 6:1-3

3 comments:

  1. Just this past weekend, I revisited an "I'm tired of driving South African" feeling. I don't know if they ever go away, never to return. But talking with Dad and singing His songs always helps. A lot of these situations are also a part of warfare. Keep you armor on, keep fighting, and stay in Him. He never fails.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep at it. And that isn't clicheish neither.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful. I've been going through a lot of our overseas friends' blogs, and it amazes me that most of us have at least one post that's similar to this. So thankful that we don't have to be the perfect ones and that what he asks is that we are broken before him.

    ReplyDelete